As a Registered Charity and Social Economy organisation , Second Opportunities has adopted the following Organisational Priorities & Objectives.
- Providing low cost access for those who can least afford to furnish their homes.
- Tackling Poverty & Social Exclusion.
- Reducing waste to landfill.
- Recycling Household Items & Materials.
- Working alongside Groups involved in Recycling and Relief of Poverty.
- Maximising Disposable Income.
- Promoting Economic Welfare.
Furniture & White Goods Reuse Service accessible through a network of support agencies that identify and refer service users allowing access to our furniture at discounted rates.
To help achieve these we have developed the following:
- Furniture & White Goods Reuse Service accessible through a network of support agencies that identify and refer service users allowing access to our furniture at discounted rates. Click below to download the Referral Form.
- A Revolve accredited Furniture & White Goods Assessment, Repair and Processing operation which feeds the Reuse Centre.
- We are members of the Community Resource Network Scotland, (CRNS) though whom we have achieved our Revolve accreditation and the Furniture Reuse Network (FRN) from whom we have achieved the Approved Reuse Centre accreditation and also members of the Glasgow Social Enterprise Network (GSEN).
- Involvement in all aspects of our operation through Volunteering & Training placements, More information on which can be found by clicking below.