Donations & Collections
Collection Service – FreeEmail us your donation
Second Opportunities provides a household & office furniture and white goods collection services to members of the public and businesses across the city and surrounding areas.
The benefits of the service include:
- Reducing disposal costs.
- Provides low cost access for those who can least afford to furnish their homes.
- Reducing waste to landfill.
- Creation of jobs and training opportunities in the community.
- Our service is simple to use – Instead of calling the Council for a bulk uplift service which will take your furniture to landfill.
Call us now on 0141 425 1177
Collection Service – Chargeable
We do not like refusing items but if we cannot pass them on then we have to dispose of them for which we incur a cost. If you would still like us to remove and dispose of your items then the service will become chargeable, the cost of which would be based on the number of items being removed at approximately £5.00 per item, so for example a 3 piece suite would be £15.00, however charges may vary depending on the number of items, condition and weight. Our Driver may have to phone the office for confirmation of a price before confirming a quote. If we are unable to take items free of charge we will always give details of alternative ways that you may be able to have the items removed from your property.
The general rule when collecting items is that the driver has the final discretion as to what we can or can’t accept. We cannot offer a free uplift service if:
- We would not have them in our own house (quality not style).
- There are noticeable rips, tears, burns or other damage to upholstery.
- There is noticeable wood damage that would be un-economical to repair;
- There is a strong smell of smoke or animals or items are sticky and would take too long to clean.
- They do not comply with the many safety regulations placed upon us of which the driver has all the details.
We pride ourselves on providing a professional and effective service. You can be assured that we:
- will aim to collect at a time which suits you.
- have well briefed and trained personnel.
- supply uniformed staff and volunteers with appropriate PPE and H&S training.
- hold sufficient Public and Employers Liability Insurance.
- hold correct licences issued by SEPA.
We can meet all your Furniture, White goods and household recycling needs so please contact us now for your own competitive quote.
Donations We Take
- Household Furniture.
- Office Furniture.
- White Goods (Cooking, Laundry & Refrigeration).
- Clothing & textiles.
- Household Starter Pack Items & Bric a brac.
What We Do With Your Donations
- Some we sell to the public.
- Some we pass onto those are socially excluded and struggling to afford furniture.
- Some we Upcycle by taking less desirable items and adding value to make them more attractive.
- Some we deconstruct to make other items or kindling & firewood.
- Some goes to landfill but only after we have exhausted all of the above.